1. Primary Care Physicians (PCPs) can help you with 80-90% of your healthcare.
Did you know that you can talk to your PCP first when you have a non-emergency medical problem? Primary care physicians are in the best position to manage your day-to-day healthcare needs and 80-90% of healthcare problems that can be solved outside of a hospital.
They can help address all types of health concerns that encompass a majority of your healthcare needs. For example, your PCP can answer any questions you have about infections, chronic conditions, or medicines. Your PCP can also guide you in efforts to quit smoking, eat more nutritious foods, or manage stress.
And rest assured, if your PCP can’t answer your question, they will 100% know who can answer your question, given their healthcare expertise. For example, they can refer you to a neurologist for more complicated brain conditions or even refer you to a heart surgeon should you need a medical procedure performed.
2. PCPs can help catch problems early before costs skyrocket, both saving you money and headache.
Your PCP will ensure that your vaccinations are up to date to prevent illnesses like the flu that can not only make you feel unwell but also limit your ability to work and spend time with your loved ones!
Furthermore, your PCP can provide screening tests to detect problems before you notice them, such as a mammogram for breast cancer detection. Compared to no screening, screening every 2 years reduces breast cancer deaths by 26%. By detecting medical problems early, treatment costs can be significantly lower; thus, it is crucial to see your PCP often!
3. PCPs can help manage long term medical conditions because they know you best.
Your PCP is your best healthcare partner because you will see them first for all non-emergency medical issues. This allows your PCP to build a long-term relationship with you, making them a strong partner in your physical and mental health and wellbeing.
This long-term relationship allows your PCP to more effectively help you manage long-term health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or depression, as they will know more about you as a whole person, not just your medical charts.
With Taro Health, your PCP is a Direct Primary Care Physician (DPC) who proves that when you invest more time with your primary care doctor, you can save money in the long run.
Taro Health is a new health insurance plan that wants to make sure you get more access to primary care. Every Taro Health insurance plan comes with a free Direct Primary Care (DPC) membership. Once you choose a primary care physician (PCP) from our network of Taro DPCs, you can:
- Stay with the same DPC as long as you are a Taro member, which allows you to develop a personalized relationship with a DPC who knows your health better, making visits more effective
- See your Taro DPC how often you want at no additional cost
- See your Taro DPC how you want, be that in-person or virtual
- Contact your Taro DPC for smaller inquiries instead of spending time and money in urgent care
- On top of that, Taro Health fully covers your DPC membership, so you don’t need to worry about co-pays or visit fees! See our full benefits here.
The DPC model allows our primary care doctors to be more effective than the traditional health insurance system because we allow them to focus 100% on you, the patient. We’ve built automation and worked directly with our direct primary care physicians to understand ways to make it easier for them to dedicate their time to solving your healthcare problems.