About Taro Health
Taro Health is a team of healthcare nerds, software engineers, product designers, direct primary care doctors, health insurance experts, and more. We are building a healthcare system that makes sense, starting by redefining the role of health insurance – one that focuses on reducing friction for doctors and patients, and investing in ways to create more meaningful doctor-patient relationships.
We believe unrushed conversations with doctors lead to better health and lower costs for patients. Our health plans enable all members to have free and frictionless access to a dedicated doctor they know and trust. We’re excited to create health insurance plans you can actually use.
We’re backed by top investors and are looking for values-aligned individuals to join our founding team.
Our aspirations for the role
Technology is one of our super powers to unlock this vision. Our software powers data-driven decisions to make healthcare costs cheaper and helps patients get more time with their doctor. As an engineer and early team member at Taro Health, you'll be tasked with everything from diving into the internals of health care integrations (think EDI pipelines) to building simple user interfaces for our doctor and patient users.
As a core member of our early team, you'll partner directly with our operations team, our doctor partners, our vendors, and more to build complex product experiences that delight users. You'll be most successful if you have a genuine desire understand how the US healthcare system works, as well as sharp intuition for how technology can improve the experience.
Taro Health is in its early stages. Each new team member has the opportunity to significantly shape our culture, product, strategy, and operations. Candidates should be eager to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment where their contributions have a direct and outsized impact.
Experience that excites us
- We are open to different starting levels, and therefore have no hard requirement around minimum years of work experience
- You have professional software engineering and coding experience: we have a slight preference to full-stack engineers, but welcome all to apply!
- You have shipped web applications to users
- You empathize with users and enjoy finding novel ways of using technology to solve problems
- You enjoy breaking down ambiguous, complex problems
- You have experience with React, Next.js, Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, and/or AWS
- You have experience in the healthcare industry
- You have experience founding a startup or launching side projects to users
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Taro’s employee benefits include:
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work - hybrid or remote
- Health insurance contribution (via ICHRA)
- A DPC membership!
- Dental benefits