About Taro Health
Taro Health’s mission is to provide affordable, high-quality, relationship-based health care to all by redefining health insurance. We are building a totally new health insurance company from the ground up — one that is focused on reducing friction for doctors and patients, and investing in ways to create more meaningful doctor-patient relationships.
We believe unrushed conversations with doctors lead to better health and lower costs for patients. Our health plans enable members to have free and frictionless access to a dedicated doctor they know and trust. We’re excited to be creating health insurance plans you can actually use.
We’re backed by top investors and are looking for values-aligned individuals to join our NYC-based founding team.
About the role
Taro Health is in its early stages. Each new team member has the opportunity to significantly shape our culture, product, strategy, and operations. Candidates should be eager to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment where their contributions have a direct and outsized impact.
This role includes broad responsibilities. You will work directly with the founders owning key decisions, managing unexpected variables, and driving outcomes amidst high ambiguity. To succeed, you must have insatiable curiosity, optimistic grit, and a strong sense of self awareness and humility. You should want to be part of a team, and aspire for the lifelong bonds that come with doing hard things well, together.
As an early stage employee, we expect your role to evolve and grow quickly. You should want to “give up your Legos” over time.
- We are open to different starting levels, and therefore have no hard requirement around minimum years of work experience
- You have professional software engineering and coding experience
- You have shipped web applications to users
- You empathize with users and enjoy finding novel ways of using technology to solve problems
- You enjoy breaking down ambiguous, complex problems
- You have experience with React, Next.js, Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, and/or AWS
- You have experience in the healthcare industry
- You have experience founding a startup or launching side projects to users
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.