About Taro Health
Taro Health is a team of healthcare nerds, software engineers, product designers, direct primary care doctors, health insurance experts, and more. We are building a healthcare system that makes sense, starting by redefining the role of health insurance – one that focuses on reducing friction for doctors and patients, and investing in ways to create more meaningful doctor-patient relationships.
We believe unrushed conversations with doctors lead to better health and lower costs for patients. Our health plans enable all members to have free and frictionless access to a dedicated doctor they know and trust. We’re excited to create health insurance plans you can actually use.
We’re backed by top investors and are looking for values-aligned individuals to join our NYC-based founding team.
Our aspirations for this role
Taro Health is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual who will lead many aspects of our Network. For the right candidate, this is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally by covering a broad surface area from health system-level negotiation to Network optimization via direct contracting and credentialing to day-to-day provider relations and operations. Wearing multiple hats is an understatement. You should feel energized by owning a large scope and having wide-ranging responsibilities.
This is not your typical role. It will be hands-on from Day One and comprehensive, as is the nature of any startup. You will be deeply involved in developing and operating Taro’s high-quality provider network. This includes, but is not limited to, partnering with leading health systems within each market, developing strong provider relationships, direct contracting and negotiating, establishing rates and other financial benchmarks, developing and optimizing the Network directory, maintaining provider credentialing processes, and more. You love the world of providers, from large hospitals to small independent practices, and are excited to build a Network from the vantage point of a new type of payer.
Taro Health is in its early stages. Each new team member has the opportunity to significantly shape our culture, product, strategy, and operations. Candidates should be eager to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment where their contributions have a direct and outsized impact.
Let’s dive into the details
- Define, manage, and drive forward the overall Network of Taro Health
- Engage in and negotiate direct partnerships with large provider organizations, including multi-hospital health systems, that are aligned with the Network strategy
- Continually optimize and diversify the Network through direct contracting and credentialing with high-quality providers, including and especially independent and Direct Primary Care (DPC) practices
- Research and develop rates and other financial benchmarks related to provider contracting
- Lead provider relations and create account management processes with high-impact provider organizations
- Organize and execute on day-to-day Network operations, including credentialing and other work instructions related to providers
- Partner very closely with our internal operations and finance teams, as well as external vendors who impact the Network
- Be comfortable and confident serving as Taro’s Network ambassador, while also being patient and empathetic in communication style
Experience that excites us
Education, experience, and certifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in enterprise sales or commercially-focused account management, ideally from a previous startup
- Experience in healthcare, ideally in the context of payers and providers
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of the payer/provider space, especially rates and other financially-relevant benchmarks
- Organizational skills: operationally-minded and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with data tools (Excel, Airtable, etc.)
- Proficiency in all Google Suite tools