About Taro Health
Taro Health is a team of healthcare nerds, software engineers, product designers, direct primary care doctors, health insurance experts, and more. We are building a healthcare system that makes sense, starting by redefining the role of health insurance – one that focuses on reducing friction for doctors and patients, and investing in ways to create more meaningful doctor-patient relationships.
We believe unrushed conversations with doctors lead to better health and lower costs for patients. Our health plans enable all members to have free and frictionless access to a dedicated doctor they know and trust. We’re excited to create health insurance plans you can actually use.
We’re backed by top investors and are looking for values-aligned individuals to join our founding team.
Our aspirations for this role
Taro Health is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic healthcare operator. For the right candidate, this is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally by covering a broad surface area of health insurance operations. Wearing multiple hats is an understatement, but you should feel energized by that level of scope and responsibility.
This is not your typical role. It will be hands-on from Day One and comprehensive, as is the nature of any startup. You will be deeply involved in all operational matters that’s required in running a health insurance company and delivering on member expectations of their plan benefits. This includes, but is not limited to, managing external partners, coordinating internal operational processes, clean claims adjudication, financial reconciliation, network troubleshooting, clinical operations, utilization management, member services, and more. You love getting into the weeds.
Taro Health is in its early stages. Each new team member has the opportunity to significantly shape our culture, product, strategy, and operations. Candidates should be eager to work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment where their contributions have a direct and outsized impact.
Let's dive into the details
- Define and manage KPIs and metrics related to day-to-day health insurance operations
- Collaborate closely with our external operational partners and program manage as if they were internal team members
- Lead root cause analysis and issue resolution, then share learnings and implement improvements
- Be comfortable and flexible with non-scalable processes to start, but develop high-leverage scalable processes towards enabling Taro’s growth and efficiency
- Support Taro engineering with technology buildout and data processing by providing business context and subject matter expertise
- Partner with finance and accounting to support reconciliation as well as strategic financial planning
Experience that excites us
Education, experience, and certifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an operations or program manager type role, ideally from a previous startup
- Experience in healthcare, ideally in health insurance
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Medical claim operations
- Customer service operations
- CRM or help desk platform (Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
- Data analytics
- Proficiency in Google Suite tools
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.